Thursday, January 12, 2012

NTGM

I had the opportunity to hear a wonderful lecture on Tuesday at NTGM (Needlework and Textile Guild of Michigan) about creativity by Kathy Zasuwa.  See page 3 of  http://ntgm.org/blogdata/2011_12.pdf  for her biography.  She spoke about what you can do to “make art” and how to overcome the obstacles that occur during the process of creating.

One of her ideas that I liked best was surrounding yourself with people who nurture your creative side and encourage your art. I think that is a huge part of our Designer III Group and one of the things that makes our meetings so enjoyable.

Here is a picture from one of our meetings.  I had given everyone a copy of a purse pattern and the challenge was to use that pattern, but make it "you" by incorporating your own embellishments.  I also asked everyone to bring several pieces of fabric or trim to trade and then use them in their project.  Quite a variety of styles and techniques, eh?  That's our group!

1 comment:

  1. Great job posting, Carol! Love those handbags! Sorry I missed NTGM. We all get stumbling blocks and it's good to know how to get past them.

    ReplyDelete